Core Subjects, I mean C - O - R - E !
From class 1 to Class 12 in our schools, Can the following be the CORE SUBJECTS? Not extra-curricular activities BUT core/main subjects? Wont it be exciting? Wont it create a far more productive citizens for the world? Every student will need to study each of them completely and not just do it for a year or so. It will be seriously taught throughout the day for 12 years.
1. Swimming, running, rockclimbing
2. Yoga, meditation, spiritual studies of all religions
3. Drawing, Painting, Sketching, Cartooning, Pottery, Sculpture
4. Trekking, Rowing, Cultural visits
5. Audio Visual classes on geography, animals, history like that on Discovery and NatGeo TV channels
6. Overcoming obstacles and situations at home, friends and at work
7. Handling problems like domestic violence, breakups, teenage emotions, drugs
8. Stitching, Carpentry, electricals, cooking, gardening
9. Learning mother tounge, Hindi, Sanskrit, Chinese, Japanese, French besides English
10. Learning to play at least 1 Indian and Western musical instruments AND singing
11. Entrepreneurship development
12. Social service (cleaning streets, beaches, feeding poor, teaching abandoned kids)
13. How to write your own books, poetry, make movies
14. Indian and World politics
15. Science, Maths, History (system already exists)
This is a small part of the email that i sent our President couple of minutes ago. When i get his reply, I shall post it for you all to read. But for the time being I want your thoughts. If possible, please get me feedback from your contacts as well.