Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tablers and Alumni

It was a wild party. And its been a long time since i went to a discotheque. Saturday night i found myself in PLATINUM in Quality Inn Aruna (Chennai). The dance party was being organised by the Madras Round Table and the Australian Alumni. For those who didnt have any knowledge of SALSA, there was kokila and Gautham of Academy of Modern Danse with coaching sessions. 2 minutes into the dance, i decided to quit. Somehow, i have never been comfy with latin american dancing. So not me. I like listening to dance music but not dance. I enjoy even more watching others dance...and laugh at some as well. Somewhere late into the party.....i heard spmeone cry out "ooiiyee Manoj!"..near the entrance. It was a surprise to catch up with Director Vishnu Vardhan of ARINDUM ARIYAMALAM (Tamil) fame there. We had known each for 5 odd years when he worked as an assistant to Satosh Sivan in the movie ASOKA. He said excitedly " Man..my movie touched 100 days today and its moving to 150 days"...and i couldnt be happier for the hard working and focused dude. It was catchup time with a lot of other people. Another person and his wife walked up to me and said "i liked you in all those evam plays....you should do more"......somehow i managed to skip dinner and survived on mango and pine apple juice. There were some australians there who wanted me to help them buy "tiffin carriers" to take back home. I obliged but i knew i would never get around to doing it. Aravind (actor, NANDHANAM, Malayalam) was also there with a new hair look. I told him it was disgusting. Somewhere around 130am, i found my drop home driver was missing or probably drunk. Decided to take an auto home.

4 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kanishkaa said...

Even I prefer watching others dance.looks like u found urself a 'non-dance'partner,if there's any such thing.say didnt u have to dance right at the end in Python?!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kanish,
Thanks for reminding me abt the dance in python hysst. Looking back...i cant believe i did that. Actually i cant believe i did that "albatross" routine with nayaab...u remember...in that school uniform. Infact...when i was introduced to a tabler as the vice president of the alumni association...he asked me if i was the one that came on stage as a school kid. Grrr! I used to love to dance when i was in university. Everyday. Trust me. Everyday....after i finish studies...i would hit the pub at 11ish and dance till 3am. But lately...i just cant be bothered to move to a tune. I like to listen and visualize.
-manoj

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Saraansh said...

Manoj
You dont have to feel bad that you cant do latin american dancing coz that one step of yours,only I can do it as well as you...so dont fret my friend :-)

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have taught you well havent i? Now pass it on ma boy...
-manoj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blog Search Engine < ? indian bloggers # >