Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Exam Fever

By
Rohit J

Whack!Got him.I had finally managed to eliminate the mosquito, which I was aiming at, for the past few minutes.It was 10:52 PM.Sunday.I was at my desk with open books in front of me.I suppose I was studying.

Yes! I was doing Maths, not one of my best subjects.I had my exam – BOARD EAXM in two days!BOARD EXAM.Those words used to scare me so much until a few days back.And now, I was actually going to experience it.

I wished I could fast forwward my life by a month when I would be free of exams.BUT, that was fantasy.Coming back to reality, I had my BOARD EXAMS, the day after.

The atmosphere was so silent.I could picturize people in my neighbourhood comfortably cuddled up in their beds asleep.‘Then why do I have to study?’ I wanted to question.But to whom?Everyone went through this phase once too so I am no exception.

MATHS. MATHS. The open books kept saying.Or so it seemed.My mind kept wandering and now I had to concentrate, I thought.

I kept hearing , “And the Oscar goes to......”quite a few times, which crept through th closed doors to my room.I tried so hard not to think about the Oscar Award that was going on.Not fair that I don’t get to watch it when my little Sis gets to.She was the only one, besides me awake in our house at that hour.Studying in class VII, she was enjoying life while I sat and slogged with Maths.Trignometry, right now.

After sometime, I decided to get serious and care less about the happenings of the surrounding.Just as I was pondering over a mystifying problem, my Sis barged inside and started chanting, “My Hero got an Oscar, my Hero got an Oscar.” Huh? Do I care?I would have if she solved my problem for me.

Thanks to her, I got distracted again.This time I gave up.I decided I would continue the tomorrow.It was 11:45 PM. Almost an hour and I had done only about 6 problems.

Well, That was how my life was last year, when I was in class X.

I still remember that day – 3rd of June.The day our results were on the net.I sat up till 12:00 to check my result.I could’nt beleive my marks.I rechecked to see if it really was mine.I managed a 81% in Maths!! After all that.I was thrilled and overjoyed.

This year, class XI I made the most of it.I saw the Oscars to compansate and watched all the other shows I wanted to.

But inspite of all this, there is still a fear for BOARD EXAMS inside me.There ought to be.Next year I face it all over again.This time it will be more scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blog Search Engine < ? indian bloggers # >