Thursday, September 30, 2004

Dance Like a Man - The Movie


Shobana and Arif from Dance Like a Man

Just when i thought that i would sit and do some work in the evening, the power shuts down. Can you believe that? When you think nothing can go wrong..it does! What now? So i wait. For like half an hour. Its Only 6pm. I cant go home now. If i go home early my folks will get worried! I am so used to going home late over the last 5 years. Its too early to dine too. Ohhh.....!!!

And i get a call. Its from a friend of mine from the last trek that i did in Kerala. She tells me that she has an extra pass for this movie premier and if i was interested in joining. YOU BET! What an idea! The movies! When things go wrong..get to the movies!! The movie would start at 7:00pm.

I was so excited that i was there early. And almost all the people that i know were there. Increasingly Satyam theatre has become the coolest place for people to frequent. So there i was catching up on all the people that i havent met in a while to some of our clients. Almost everyone were there for the same movie and had been invited by the British Council. There were quiet a few ppl there who congratulated me for the fine performance on stage couple of days back. Oh boy..stardom.

I liked the movie. It potrayed the lives of a dancer couple who sacrificed everything from work, family pride, their marriage to even the life of their new born kid. Then in their failed attempt to be brilliant dancers, they make it their goal that their second girl child achieve what they have not in their life time. The movie explored relationships between husband-wife, young couples in love, artist-ambition etc.

There is a saying in the movie from the woman's father-in-law:
"A woman in a man’s world is considered progressive, but a man in a woman’s world is considered pathetic".

During the open session with the Director, i came to know that it was based on a stage play by Mahesh Dattani. That interested me. Much like Chicago i think. A stage show in a film. I liked the story and the some what alright dialogues. Very theatrical in all its settings. Hmm..but i could still see the deficiency of composing and staging a frame by the director.

So my verdict? As if it would matter. Watch it. Atleast once. The Director and the cast has a story to tell. Thats it. You decide your liking. And I think its important that off-beat movies are encouraged with the hope that some of the crap that the Indian movie industry makes fade away...quickly if possible.

Oops..i forgot..some brilliant indian classical dance throughout the movie.

11 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Merlin said...

I wanted to watch it but then....i feel nauseous looking at male classical dancers.....they start looking and acting feminine....yuck........

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sherry and I have been swingers for a long time and are interested in swinger site. If you are interested in swinger site then you should check out swinger site

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Simon said...

I've just found your blog about peugeot coffee grinders whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about peugeot coffee grinders. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about peugeot coffee grinders. I've just started my own blog about peugeot coffee grinders if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous free wood working furniture plan said...

Hi manoj...Wow! While I was searching for info on free wood working catalog I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for free wood working catalog. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about free wood working catalog.

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous wood working store said...

Hi manoj...Wow! While I was searching for info on free wood working furniture plan I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for free wood working furniture plan. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about free wood working furniture plan.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous wood working vise said...

Hi manoj, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on free wood working furniture plan, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about free wood working furniture plan.

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous wood working vise said...

Hi there manoj, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wood working store I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working store. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wood working store then drop by for a look.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous TravelOne International said...

I found a company that pays $10 - $50/hr for shopping the classifieds!



Work At Home $10 - $50/hr Easy part/full time work, no boss, no commute, no set hours, paid every 12 days..



I'm making over $500 a day with this company and will be happy to help you do the same.



Hurry postions are filling fast!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous backstage pass to concert said...

I liked your information in Dance Like a Man - The Movie. Too bad it doesn't have more on buy backstage pass. I was looking for buy backstage pass in my area. Enjoyed reading what you have. I'll check back later when I get some spare time next week. Thanks manoj.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous beautiful diamonds said...

Hi manoj,
I was looking for information about below wholesale diamonds when I discovered Dance Like a Man - The Movie, certainly one of the finest blogs I have found!
But before I continue my search for below wholesale diamonds I want to say that your blog deserves a compliment!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for blogs about martial arts and came across yours. Great blog you got. I have a website somewhat related you might find interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on Blogwise Blog Search Engine < ? indian bloggers # >